02 May 2010

Just a little thought for Sunday...

Have I done any good in the world today?
Have I helped anyone in need?
Have I cheered up the sad,
and made someone feel glad?
If not I have failed indeed.

Has anyone's burden been lighter today
because I was willing to share?
Have the sick and the weary
been helped on their way?
When they needed my help was I there?

Then wake up and do something more
than dream of your mansion above.
Doing good is a pleasure,
a joy beyond measure,
a blessing of duty and love.
 -- Will L. Thompson

President Thomas S. Monson said, “My brothers and sisters, we are surrounded by those in need of our attention, our encouragement, our support, our comfort, our kindness—be they family members, friends, acquaintances, or strangers. We are the Lord’s hands here upon the earth, with the mandate to serve and to lift His children. He is dependent upon each of us.”

My challenge for myself this week is to do just this. Look for people who need encouragement. Look for people who need support. some might need a hug, or maybe just a smile. Whatever they might need, i hope i can help them over come their struggle, or make their burden just a little bit lighter. I know it will not only help them, but me as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment